Product Manager, G7
Come and work with us
IT Services at the University of Manchester is a vibrant and fast moving department, focusing on delivering excellent customer service and quality services for our staff, students and researchers. Visit our website to find out more about our organisation and our values. You can also watch a video about why our people like working here.
• IT Services: About us
• Working at The University of Manchester
About This Role
An opening has arisen for a Product Manager within IT Services. The role is a permanent role at Grade 7.
The move to a product mindset is a change for the University of Manchester and this new role is intended to help support that change. Product Management defines IT by how it is consumed, not how it is produced. The product mindset ensures focus on end users and customers; qualitative and quantitative data insights; developing symbiotic relationships with engineers and architects; multi supplier integration; and ensuring a clear ITS owner of each product.
Specific Role Requirements
Essential Knowledge / Experience:
• Significant experience, knowledge and understanding of product and service and change delivery, co-ordinating activity across multiple teams and suppliers
• Experience of product management, customer journey definition and product roadmaps
• Knowledge of methods and techniques for managing contracts to ensure that suppliers adhere to agreed contract requirements.
• Capacity to think in strategic terms and a willingness to exercise leadership including leading and managing significant cultural and organisational change.
• Knowledge of feasibility planning for existing and new services, identifying potential revenue streams, and tracking these to cost recovery.
• Experience of Agile and Waterfall delivery and ability to manage projects and operations within budget.
• Evidence of experience of working in a user focused environment and delivering exceptional customer service to stakeholders.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Strong knowledge of the MS365 landscape
• Strong knowledge of the cloud services (XaaS)
When addressing the person specification criteria in your application for the role, please ensure you make reference to the specific role requirements above.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Blended working arrangements may be considered
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Paul Dennington
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Please see the link below for the Further Particulars document which contains the person specification criteria.