The Power and Energy Division of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK is looking for a Research Associates to work on research project funded by the EU H2020 project “Cross border management of variable renewable energies and storage units enabling a transnational wholesale market (CROSSBOW)”.
Within the CROSSBOW project the particular focus of this position will be on development and application of a modelling and regulatory framework that enables efficient coordinated use of different types of dispatchable and non-dispatchabe distributed renewable energy sources over different timeframes to support various aspects of steady state and dynamic operation of interconnected reginal transmission system in South East Europe and to facilitate transnational wholesale and ancillary services markets.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- PhD degree in the area of large transmission system dynamic studies or MSc degree in electrical power engineering with 2 or more years of industrial experience with transmission system operator or with research/consulting company involved in large transmission system studies
- Experience with modelling of DER for steady state and dynamic transmission system studies
- Experience with optimal power flow studies in large mixed generation systems
- Experience with angular, voltage and frequency stability studies in large power systems
- Experience with voltage and frequency regulation at plant and system level
- Experience with studies related to regulatory framework for and costing of ancillary services provided to transmission system operator
- Experience with TSO related studies in Eastern/South-Eastern Europe and Western Balkan Region
- Track record in publishing high quality research papers in one or more project related areas
- Proven working experience in modelling and simulation studies within Matlab and DigSILENT/PowerFactory environments.
- Proven, high proficiency in spoken and written English
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Professor Jovica V. Milanovic
Tel: +44 (0)161 306 8724
Tel: 0161 275 4499
Tel: 0161 850 2004
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date